Saturday, December 31, 2011

Everyday Makeup Tutorial :)



Hi! If you were wondering how I do my everyday makeup, here is a small tutorial for it. :) (might do a video blog on this. We'll see. hee hee)

Basically, these are the products I use for my every day make-up with the exemption of the false lashes. I use the full lashes for special occasions and when I'm wearing big-sized lenses. I can use the half-lashes everyday, though. I just don't because the added time consumption of drying the glue and trying to place it correctly just isn't for me with school and all. I like getting my extra 5 minutes of sleep. hee
But FIRST, the face should be moisturized before putting any cosmetics on it. I use a Japanese brand I got from my mom called DHC. It is the best moisturizer I've used! (well, that's really not saying much since I haven't tried that many moisturizers yet. lol. But it's a Jap brand, so it's really good :)

Oh, Tootsie, you like it too?

Second step is to let the skin absorb the product for a few minutes. Now usually I'm running late for class so I can't really wait for that, can I? So second step for me is actually putting eyeliner on first. Now usually I just use Maybelline's gel liner. But since it's been months since I bought it and it has now dried considerably, I have a hard time with it. So what I do now is I apply the ELF pen liner first so it glides on easily and it gets the shape I want without stray, messy lines everywhere, then I top it off with the gel liner so it stays in place. :)


Step three is to apply eyeshadow. Now you're probably thinking it should be the other way around because it can obscure the eyeliner. That may be true, but for me that's exactly what I like. Well first, the eyeshadow doesn't completely obscure the liner. Rather, it thins it out. So instead of having heavily defined eyeliner (which, by the way, can make you look a bit more severe/hard), you have a soft look, especially paired with neutral colors of the eyeshadow. What I use it Avon's shadow quad in, I think, Coffee? Actually, as you can see in the photo, the 2 shadows in the middle have completely disappeared. lol. Well, I accidentally dropped it, and it shattered. :( But the good news is that the ones that didn't shatter were really the ones that I frequently use. I don't really use the other two. So that was good. haha :P


Something like this, but the color I used here is gray-black, not brown, so try to imagine that it's brown. hehehe. And also, not that dark. A bit lighter than that since it's for everyday use. (I'm also using ELF's false lashes here. This is just an example)



Step four is to apply the BB Cream. The BB cream I use is Etude House's Precious Minerals All Day Strong with SPF 30/PA ++ in Sheer Silky Skin. Actually, I liked Elianto's BB cream way better because this is a little  too pale for me (and they only come in two shades. The other shade is too dark :|) and this is a little denser so  it's a tad heavier than Elianto. But Elianto has been phased out of Makati malls. D: So I just bought this instead. And since it's a bit too heavy for my liking (it's a preference), I mix it with a little Avon Ideal Shade tinted makeup base in Pink Pearl. I mix it together and apply it all over my face. Then, I use Avon Simply Pretty Lip and Cheek Tint (forgot to include this in the photo >.<). 



Step five: Apply mascara. What I use is the Maybelline Volum Express "Cat Eyes" and it is my ABSOLUTE favorite out of all the mascaras I've tried. I know it doesn't work for some because I've read some reviews about it, but it really works for me and for my friend. It really holds up your lashes with or WITHOUT using a curler, and it stays held up for a long, long time. It also gives your lashes considerable length and volume, which is such a plus for me since I love playing up my eyes. Oh, I forgot to mention. I also apply my lip balm after my moisturizer so my lips absorb the moisture of the balm. Then, after applying the mascara, I dab just a little bit of lip balm (I use Nivea) then use Ever Bilena lip liner to stain my lips. What I do is, I glide it across my lips a few times, then I smudge it with my fingers and dab the excess on some tissue. Then I apply a bit of my Nichido red lip gloss. I dab a little bit on my lips, then smudge it again. What it does is it gives you a more natural and healthy looking sheen on your lips as opposed to glassy, oily, lipgloss lips which I hate (again, it's all about preference)



For step six, I put on my ELF concealer in Honey under my eyes and on either side of my nose (because they tend to get so red), then set everything with The Face Shop's two way powder foundation in 23 to set everything. I love this powder foundation because it can look very natural and polished in daylight and it isn't heavy at all. But since I've just run out of that, what I'm using for the meantime is just good old baby powder. It smells great, and it's inexpensive for everyday use. Actually, even when I had my powder foundation, I still sprinkle a little bit of baby powder on top of it so it controls oil and for my face to smell great. hihi
For days, when I use my circle lenses, of course I use false eyelashes. I use either the full ones or the half ones (depends on my mood or where I"m going or who I'm with). Then I just put eyeliner below my water line (just half though, not the whole way. Too much for me)


Last step is to pencil the eyebrows lightly for a clean look. I'm not a huge fan of the thick eyebrows nor am I a fan of the too-defined ones, but I do like clean, defined brows on me. I use Nichido eye brow pencil in dark brown. After everything, here is what it'll look like (more or less):

without contact lens. I just used a bit of white with a little  blue eyeshadow underneath my eyes here.


With contact lens. And sleepy. And bored. lol

So there you have it, my usual make up. Hope it made sense and I hope it's helpful. I'll list the products below. :)

  • DHC moisturizer (I have no idea how much this is)
  • Etude House's Precious Minerals All Day Strong with SPF 30/PA ++ in Sheer Silky Skin (P700+/P800+ sorry I forgot. >.<)
  • Avon Ideal Shade tinted makeup base in Pink Pearl (around P600)
  • Maybelline Volum Express "Cat Eyes" (around P300+/P400+)
  • Nivea Fruity Shine Lip Balm in Cherry
  • Nichido Starlight Lip Color in Scarlet (P100+)
  • ELF Waterproof Eyeliner Pen (P129)
  • ELF All Over Cover Stick in Honey (P129)
  • Maybelline Gel Liner (around P400+)
  • Avon Simply Pretty Lip & Cheek Tint
  • The Face Shop False Eyelashes (half) (P115)/ELF false lashes (full) (P129)
  • Ever Bilena Lip Shaper in Multiberry (P75)
  • WTA45 "Kira Kira" brown lens



No comments:

Post a Comment